• The plot is set some two centuries after the Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion story. The story takes place in Skyrim, which is the homeland of the Nords.
• Expect random dragon encounters to heavily play into the storyline as the adventure develops
• A prophecy was told that states your avatar is to be last slayer of dragons. Mentored by none other than the last remnants of the Blades.
• Civil war consumes Skyrim since the falling of the last king.
• Tons of new creatures to encounter in the wilds. Some of these include giant spiders, yetis, dragons, and more.
• Five enormous cities with 150+ custom created dungeons (not auto-generated).
• Expect much more variety than previous TES games. The quests will use the Radiant Story system and will be determined by how the character interacts with his environment or is good or bad. Ex. If you murder a shop keep who was intended to offer you a quest, a relative of his may inherit the store but refuse to give you the quest because of your actions.
• Quests are altered dynamically based on historic actions such as manipulating a town’s economy or killing an important person.
• NPC ‘s will be much more interesting to talk to. 70+ voice actors vs 14 from Oblivion.
• Third person view is improved to allow better integration and smoother play while in chase cam mode.
• First person view been made more natural with less heads up display interface to make the screen simpler and less cluttered.
Skyrim is set for release on 11/11/11.
Let the excitement begin!